Yoga for Climbers is Back in Ballard!
Climbers, Yogaers, it’s time we bring sexy… err… yoga, back to Ballard!
On Wednesday, May 5, 2010, there’ll be two good causes to celebrate: Cinco de Mayo, and the inaugural class of Yoga for Climbers at Backside Bow Yoga.
- Concentration skills during climbing
- Breathing techniques
- Stretches to prepare for climbing and de-pumping after a climb
- Common climbing injuries
- Where: Backside Bow (Google Maps)
- When: Starts Wednesday, May 5, 2010. 7:45 – 9:00 p.m.
- 8 week series, once a week: $100
- 6 week series, once a week $80
- 4 week series, once a week: $60
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 206.550.3358.
I teach yoga with a strong influence by Alignment-based methods . I also draw from these two books: The Self-Coached Climber: The Guide to Movement Training Performance, and The Rock Warrior’s Way: Mental Training for Climbers.
These classes are appropriate for anyone new to yoga and practitioners looking to apply their yoga experience to climbing. While the classes are designed to build on one another, drop-ins are also welcome. Seriously stoked about this, and hope to see you there!