Donald Moyer – The Thoracolumbar Joint. Two Dogs Yoga Studio, Seattle, Washington.
November 13-15, 2009
Jean Massimo – Anusara Universal Principle of Alignment. Village Green Yoga Studio, Issaquah, Washington.
October 17, 2009
Judith Hanson Lasater – Relax and Renew: Theory and Practice of Restorative yoga. Harmony Yoga Studio, Spokane, Washington.
October 2-3, 2009
George Purvis – Iyengar Workshop, Teacher’s Focus: Backbends. Taj Yoga Studio, Seattle, Washington.
September 25-27, 2009
S.N. Goenka – 10-day Vipassana Silent Practice. Northwest Vipassana Center, Onalaska, Washington.
August 19-30, 2009
Judith Hanson Lasater – Experiential Anatomy Yoga Teacher Training. The Feathered Pipe Ranch, Helena, Montana.
August 9-15, 2009
- Basic Principles of Anatomy
- Main Anatomical Landmarks on the Human Body
- Kinesiological Principle: Planes of Movement, When Muscles are Most Effective, Two Joint Muscles
- Kinesiological Principle: Concave-Convex Law, Lengthening/Shortening Contractions, How Muscles Shape Movement
- Muscles: Prime Movers, Stabilizers, and Neutralizers
- The Vertebral Column: Parts of Vertebrae, Angle of Facet Joints
- Lumbo-Sacral Spine: Causes of Strength & Weakness, Stability vs Mobility
- Support Between Organs and Spine
- Position of the Pelvis and its Effect on the Vertebral Column (in Trikonasana, Parivritta Trikonasana, and Urdhva Dhanurasana)
- The Proprioceptor Effect
- Supported Recling Pose, Viparita Karani: How Pelvis Effects the Vertebral Column
- Vertebral Column in: Headstand, Sarvangasana, Halasana, Marichyasana III, Savasana
- Supported Backbend
- Upper Extremity: Shoulder and Scapula
- Gleno-Humeral Rhythm
- The Scapulae in: Downward Dog, Hand Stand, Elbow Stand
- Savasana: Weight on the Back of The Head, Scapular Positions
4th Annual Vinyasa Intensive with Theresa Elliott: Focus on Yoga Dance
July 13-17, 2009
Asana transition in a contemporary and stylized way. Fundamental sequences will be studied and used as the basis for yoga choreography set to music.
Elise Browning Miller – Yoga for Back Care and Scoliosis. Taj Yoga Studio, Seattle, Washington.
May 29-30, 2009
- Anatomy and causes of back pain
- The relationship between the spinal column, the pelvis and the shoulder blades.
- Therapeutic uses of yoga asana for back conditions such as herniated discs, sciatica, lower back pain, upper back and neck tightness, and scoliosis.
Sarah Powers – Insight Yoga. 8 Limbs Yoga Studio, Seattle, Washington.
April 24-26, 2009
- Yin and Yang Yoga practice
- Meditation and Interpersonal Theory and Practice
Kathryn Payne – Sanskrit Weekend. Taj Yoga Studio, Seattle, Washington.
March 21-22, 2009
- Sanskrit – how to approach the language of yoga
- Reading the Devanagi alphabet, single and compound consonants
Judith Hanson Lasater – The Hip and the SI Joint. Taj Yoga Studio, Seattle, WA.
January 30-31, 2009
- The Lumbar/Pelvic/Sacroiliac area
- Living your yoga, meditation and restorative poses
Southwest Yoga Conference. Austin, Texas.
October 23-26, 2009
- Steve Ross – Yin Yoga
- Robert Boustany – The anatomy of poses, and energetic and therapeutic reasons for alignments
- David Life – Jivamukti Yoga
Tias Little – The Fluid Body. 8 Limbs Yoga, Seattle
December 5- 7, 2008
- The inside sleeves of the legs and arms
- The connection to the outer body from the internal organs