Teaching Announcement – Yoga for Newbies at Village Green Yoga
The wait is over! (Okay, maybe not for you, but for me. And I just wanted to make a dramatic entrance. Deep Movie Trailer Guy male voice allowed here:))
Starting Saturday, September 26, I’ll be teaching a six-week series for anyone brand new to yoga *as well as* anyone who’s been doing it for some time, and looking to build a solid foundation for their own personal practice, which may include a home practice.
We’ll go over the fundamentals of yoga, including alignment, breathing, and relaxation techniques. The classes build on each other and are neutral in “style”, but will touch on principles from major schools of yoga, so that you can take what you learn and go anywhere and do any yoga class with confidence.
Good to know:
- The room will be at a comfortable temperature, not heated excessively, so dress accordingly.
- Wear anything that doesn’t restrict your movement and allows you to move freely, and also conforms to your body. Shorts are great since I can see your knees.
- Mats, straps and blocks will be provided (If the idea of straps and blocks gives you… well, weird ideas, rest assured they will be used for good, not evil.)
- Since the room won’t feel like a sauna, you won’t need to bring a month’s supply of liquid, but it’s always a good idea to be well hydrated.
- Plan on taking your socks off.
- Guys, yes, this is an equal opportunity yoga class!
- A sense of humor is highly encouraged (a couple of knock-knock jokes might come in handy).
Schedule: Every Saturday morning for 6 weeks, 9:30-11am (West siders, this means you can do yoga and then go hiking or climbing afterwards :))
- Week 1 – September 26: Lateral Standing Postures
- Week 2 – October 3: Sagittal Standing Postures
- Week 3 – October 10: Balance & Backbends
- Week 4 – October 17: Forward Bends & Restorative
- Week 5 – October 24: Semi-Inversions
- Week 6 – October 31: No Tricks, just Twists & Treats
- Benefits and characteristics of each type of posture
- Principles of movement and alignment in major styles of yoga
- Yoga breathing techniques
- Precautions and common errors
- Transitioning between poses
- And of course, Everything You’ve Ever Wanted To Know About Yoga But Were Afraid to Ask
- Village Green Yoga
- 317 NW Gilman Blvd Suite 1, Issaquah, WA 98027
- (425) 657-0411
Cost: $75 for the whole series, which is a great price considering the drop-in rate is $18 per class. Preregistration is required, so call or email soon! Like, right now!