Teaching Announcement – Donation-based Yoga in North of Seattle
It is with a lot of zeal and pleasure that I announce this: I’ll be teaching Hatha Yoga techniques entirely based on donation at LakeView Yoga in the Bothell/Kenmore/Lake Forest Park neighborhood starting this November, 2009.
This is a pricing philosophy that I have pursued since the start of my teaching career, and I’m grateful that Vidal Bitton, the owner of LakeView Yoga, has agreed to let me test-drive it at his studio for the months of November and December.
Dates and Class Outline
Each class lasts an hour and 15 minutes. This is intended to be a 6-week series and the sessions are designed to build on each other, but with the holidays fast approaching, drop-ins are inevitable and welcomed. You can always take a make up class as well.
Sunday afternoon/evening classes: the start time alternates between 3:15pm and 6:45pm:
- November 1st: 3:15-4:30pm – Lateral Standing Postures
- November 8th: 6:45-8:00pm – Sagittal Standing Postures
- November 15th: 3:15-4:30pm – Forward Bends & Restorative
- November 22nd: 6:45-8:00pm – Semi-Inversion
- November 29th: 3:15-4:30pm – Twists
- December 6th: 6:45-8:00pm – Backbends
Wednesday morning classes are all from 7:45-9:00am:
- November 4th – Lateral Standing Postures
- November 11th – Sagittal Standing Postures
- November 18th – Forward Bends & Restorative
- November 25th – Semi-Inversion
- December 2nd – Twists
- December 9th – Backbends
For more information on the classes and their format, please see my post on Techniques of Hatha Yoga.
- $14 for drop in
- $75 for the whole series, which comes to $12.50/class
This is a limited time test drive, and your support will help ensure that I can keep the donation-based structure going. Please come, and bring a friend or three. To register, please email nikki @ nikkiyoga.com.
Therefore, O Arjuna, surrendering all your works unto Me, with full knowledge of Me, without desires for profit, with no claims to proprietorship, and free from lethargy, fight. – The Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 3 verse 30